tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "E Bunders" <E.Bund...@windesheim.nl>
Subject enableLookups
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:41:58 GMT
Hi
We are working with tomcat 3.22, and are having trouble with the fact that on every http request
tomcat is trying to resolve the hostname of the requester, resulting in extremely slow performance.
After making some inquiries we were told about the parameter "enableLookups", which must be
set to false in server.xml:

               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>
Alas, this all concerns version 4, and we are running 3.22. Trying the parameter on hour server.xml
was unsuccessful. Yet i can't believe that this annoying feature can't be switched off in
this version.
Please Help!!!

Tanks

Ernst Bunders