tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul DuBois <p...@snake.net>
Subject RE: mm.mysql driver
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 01:17:50 GMT
At 14:12 +1300 1/29/02, Gareth Cronin wrote:
>Better to put the jar or put a link to the jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory
>for your web app, that way you won't forget the dependancies when packaging
>and deploying, and you won't clutter up your library search paths with stuff
>unnecessary to other apps.

Depends on how visible you want the driver to be...

If you want it visible only to your application, put it in the application's
WEB-INF/lib directory

If you want it visible to all applications, put it in the lib directory under
the Tomcat root.

If you want it visible both to applications and to Tomcat, put it in the
common/lib directory under the Tomcat root.  (This would be the case if
you wanted to do something like JDBC-based session management or realm
authentication, which are handled by Tomcat above the application level.
To do that, Tomcat needs to see the driver.)