tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Faulkner <christopher.faulk...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: Free Load Testing Tool
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:09:32 GMT
Hi

I use siege which under some kind of Linux GPL and is at :

http://www.joedog.org/siege/index.shtml

It's a command-line based, multi-user, multi-threaded tool which means that you aren't simulating
the same client using the same session. JMeter, from my experience with it, doesn't do that.
Its easy to configure,
you can create the usual .rc files in your home directory so you can keep running new tests
without respecifying or even re-loading configurations. I've used some of the other GUI tools
in the past, such as JMeter
but siege is best, IMO.

>From the web site, it needs Unix fork() so it doesn't work on Windows. Oh well.

Chris