tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Harri Varpanen <havar...@verso.st.jyu.fi>
Subject mapping / without getting into a loop?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:05:08 GMT
Hi folks,

I have a server (myapp.net, say) running apache, tomcat3.3 and mod_jk. Now
I'd want that every request to the server is mapped to a dispatcher
servlet that performs user authentication (from a remote Oracle database)
and loads a page (possibly a frameset containing other servlets) according
to the path info it gets from getPathInfo(). For example,
http://myapp.net/fi/org1 would load a finnish default page for
organization "org1" and http://myapp.net/us/org2/search would load a US
search page for organization "org2".

I can't figure out how to accomplish this without getting into a loop
where even the dispatcher servlet can't load anything else but itself.
Allowing the default address to be http://myapp.net/myapp would solve the
problem, but that isn't very nice. Any ideas?

Regards,

Harri