tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Giovanni P. Tirloni" <tirl...@bs2.com.br>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.1 and virtual domains
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 19:34:08 GMT
Hi,

 I'm trying to set up a virtual domain with tomcat v3.2.1. If I add a
 <Context> it works just fine and tomcat adds what it needs to
 mod_jk.conf-auto and then I include that in httpd.conf. What's not
 working is when I try <Host> like this:

  <Host name="virtualdomain.com">
    <Alias name="www.virtualdomain.com">
    <Context path="" docBase="/path/to/files"/>
    </Alias>
  </Host>

 Nothing is added in mod_jk.conf-auto, just the contexts I added
 outside <Host>. So my 'fix' was to create a index.html with,

         content="0;url=http://virtualdomain.com/context/index.jsp">
 </head></html>

 and a context in server.xml,

 <Context path"/context"
          docBase="/path/to/files/"
          crossContext="true"
          debug="0"
          reloadable="false"
          trusted="false">
 </Context>

 Any idea? I'm not used to tomcat (just hosting this) so if you
 guys need more information just ask. Thanks in advance.

 --
 Giovanni P. Tirloni                                  tirloni@bs2.com.br
 BS2 Sistemas para Internet Ltda.              +55 44  263 6300   (work)