tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tmart...@csc.com
Subject RE: getting init params without restarting tomcat 4.0.1
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:31:38 GMT
     I know about the Manager App.  You're correct in saying that you can
reload particular webapps.  I use it fairly frequently.  However, this only
reloads class files, and not web.xml, at least from what I've seen thus
far.  Are you saying that when you reload a webapp, it also reloads the
web.xml file?  In order for changes made in web.xml to be picked up, I have
to restart Tomcat.  I am looking for a way around restarting Tomcat, and
still getting changes that were made to the initial paramaters I've
declared within web.xml.

                    "Charles N.

                    Harvey III"          To:     Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    <charlieh            cc:

                    @alloy.com>          Subject:     RE: getting init params without restarting
tomcat 4.0.1

                    01/30/2002

                    02:45 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    Tomcat Users

                    List

If you check out the Manager App you will see that you can "reload"
particular apps by name.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/manager-howto.html

It works.  I've used it.  On windows it is just a blank screen that
you send url commands to.  But under a unix environ you get a nice
looking screen with the list of names of apps and commands to perform.
And I am quite certain that a really nice shell is being worked on
for a future release.

Charlie