tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tmart...@csc.com
Subject RE: getting init params without restarting tomcat 4.0.1
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:18:54 GMT
Sorry Harry, but I haven't used manager app under apache, only standalone.
I'd imagine you'd declare it in apache's httpd.conf using the directives:

WebAppConnection conn      warp  hostname
WebAppDeploy     manager    conn  /manager

However, it sounds as if you've done this already.  Thus, I would repost
your message to the list with a different subject, one which will be more
to the point of getting the manager app to run under apache, so people will
know what your message is all about at a glance.

Tim

                    Harry Long

                    <hlong               To:     'Tomcat Users List' <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    @ServiceIntel        cc:

                    ligence.com>         Subject:     RE: getting init params without restarting
tomcat 4.0.1

                    01/30/2002

                    03:36 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    Tomcat Users

                    List

Hi I just wonder would you please tell me how I should configure the
Manager
App.
There is no any problem of using Manager App when Tomcat is running as a
stand alone
server. But when I run it behind Apache and using MOD_WEBAPP as connnector.
I got
some inner problem. These are the error messages when I run the Manager
App.

java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class
org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet is privileged and cannot be
loaded by this web application
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:836)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:615)
     at

va:214)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

66)
     at
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
     at

va:201)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

66)
     at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase

.java:518)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

64)
     at
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164

)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

66)
     at

java:170)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

64)
     at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170

)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

64)
     at
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
     at

:163)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5

66)
     at
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle(WarpRequestHand

ler.java:215)
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(WarpConnection.java:19

4)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Many thanks for any help you can give.