tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Barry Dreckmann" <Barry.Dreckm...@westsussex.gov.uk>
Subject Re: Reload of JSP Pages
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:21:42 GMT

Hi Michael,

What you need to do is within your  <%@ include file="prj_0007.inc" %>
include the attribute flush with the value "true" i.e.

<%@ include file="prj_0007.inc" flush="true" %>

Baz
Telephone: 01243 753551
Mobile:        07810 482776

                    MTimpe@t-onli

                    (Michael             cc:

                    Timpe)               Subject:     Reload of JSP Pages

                    13/01/2002

                    12:01

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Tomcat Users

                    List"

Hi Tom-Catties,

I have some trouble with the reload of JSPs.

Basic data is

- Win XP, Apache 1.3.xx, Tomcat 4.01, IE 6.0 (IE6 with the option to reload
the page at each access)

Suppose You have an JSP page "prj_0000.jsp" that includes another JSP page
by using a tag like this: <%@ include file="prj_0007.inc" %>

If I have changed the file prj_0007.inc and I press "Reload" in the
browser. The changes will have no effect (are not loaded into the browser).
I have to change
also the file "prj_0000.jsp" (by adding a blank line to the file to change
the files modification date).

How can I disable the "caching" of the JSPs within tomcat so that changes
in included files have their effect?

Greetings and thank you for your help

Michael Timpe
Melchiorstr. 24