tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tomas Nilsson" <tomas.nils...@eu.amershambiosciences.com>
Subject RE: Problems with TOMCAT_HOME during installation
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:35:18 GMT

I have tried that as well... but it doesn't make a difference.

I actually managed to get Tomcat to run as a Service under NT... but I am
still experience the same problems as before when starting it manually. I
would appreciate any input!

Cheers,

Tomas

----- Message from Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isaacs@sas.com> on Thu, 10 Jan 2002
08:51:23 -0500 -----

      To: 'Tomcat Users List'
          <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

 Subject: RE: Problems with TOMCAT_HOME during
          installation

When I run startup from TOMCAT_HOME or TOMCAT_HOME/bin
I usually don't bother to set the TOMCAT_HOME environment
variable since the script will set it for me.

I tried your test case of setting TOMCAT_HOME manually
and executing from "bin" on WinNT and it works fine for
me.  You might try not setting TOMCAT_HOME and see
what happens.

Cheers,
Larry