tomcat-users mailing list archives

From RSEQUE...@TRANSENTRIC.COM
Subject Re: AccessControlException with Applet
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:34:38 GMT

If your RMI server is on the same machine as the web server, then I don't
see why you are facing a problem. You might need to make sure that you have
granted access to applets (socket connections) to connect to port 2113
(Ofcourse you would need to start Tomcat with the -security option. If you
have a firewall in between, make sure port 2113 is open)
A better solution would be to use ***HTTP Tunneling***. This way you have
only one port (80) open to the internet.

If you are unable to start Tomcat with the -security option, check your
catalina.sh (or tomcat.sh or the appropriate .bat files). You might find
some clue in there on why it doesn't start with the "-security".

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
RS

"Olivier BILLIARD" <olivier.billiard@idatys.thalesgroup.com> on 11/15/2001