tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brown Bay" <>
Subject Re: "page not found" error using apache/tomcat
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:51:51 GMT

> >When i type in the browser I get the listings
> >of servlets, jsp and images but when i goto servlets  link i get a
> >"page not found" error and the apache log says "File does not exist:
> I believe this is a bug in the webapp module and I struggled several
> days about this problem too.
> You must enter the ending '/' for a directory.
> e.g.
> The apache server will use the index.html when it is a directory
> (e.g.http://myhost/dir) and tomcat will use the index.html too
> (e.g. http://myhost:8080/examples).
> However the apache-tomcat interface will not automatically add
> the ending '/' for you and will not use the index.html or show the
> files in the directory either.

** when i type i am on win 2k and i see the apache
process running at 99% and the browser seems like it is in an endless loop.
when u say that u were struggling with this for a while what did u do to
resolve it, did u use mod_jk or just the warp connector.

Please let me know..

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>