tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Praveen Potineni" <potinen...@hotmail.com>
Subject Unable to load driver
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 20:59:07 GMT
Hi all,
I have some problem loading the driver. I think i have put the driver files in a wrong place.
When i run the code which looks like this:

 private String myDriver ="com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver";

try{
      Class.forName(myDriver).newInstance();
     }
  catch(Exception e){
   throw new InstantiationException("Unable to load myDriver:"+e.toString());
  }

I am getting this error below:

Exception java.lang.InstantiationException: Unable to load myDriver:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
I am using tomcat 3.3 here...

Can some one suggest me where i have to include the driver files to make it work... And the
environment variable CLASSPATH =C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.3\lib\common\servlet.jar;C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.3\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes;C:\Program
Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 7\java\jdbcdrv.zip;c:\Program Files\Sybase\jConnect\classes\jconn2.jar

Thanks
Praveen