tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Parnell" <danielparn...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.01, IIS and JSPs
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 22:01:52 GMT
G'day Ingo,

    The program uses the Warp protocol which is enabled by default, and from
what I read of the docs is the prefered method of communicating with Tomcat.
They way I use it is to create a virtual directory, and then put my JSPs in
it.
I have associated the .JSP extension with my program, so whenever a JSP is
requested, my program handles the request and sends it on to Tomcat using
the Warp protocol.

    As for sessions, yes, they are supported :)

Daniel

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hessing Ingo" <I.Hessing@laudert.de>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <danielparnell@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 1:02 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.01, IIS and JSPs

Hi, Daniel,

_how_ does your program redirect to the Tomcat server?

If it is not necessary to modify any of the conf files then you can't be
using the ajp13 protocoll (which is disabled by default) or any worker
concept (would need a workers.properties conf file), right? So do you
use the standard secondary web server HTTP port 8080 connection? This
would mean that Tomcat is in standalone-mode, right?

And one last question: are sessions supported by your method? Or does
each request start a new session (which also happens when the
isapi_redirect.dll-filter is _not_ global and therefor is no solution
either)? Would be great if you could test this (for example with the
numberguess demo of the Tomcat standard installation).

bestWISHES

Ingo