tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brown Bay" <brown_bay...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat Performance
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 15:01:44 GMT
I have a system that is currently running on Websphere and we are only using
the servlet container aspect of it. We have heard good things about Tomcat
and were considering to move to it.

Have members used Tomcat on production systems and have they achieved
success in doing so, in terms of performance and load handling. We are
assuming that our system can have upto 100 users login and the same time and
could have upto 1000 logged on at the same time. Should this be any problem
for Tomcat.

Also, has anyone been able to configure Tomcat for load balancing in terms
of multiple instances of it running from the same or different machines.

Thanks.

Brown.