tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <mi...@qunara.com>
Subject RE: Change the default error message
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:16:36 GMT
You could use a JSP error page from a servlet.

Catch any ServletException errors, and do a redirect to your JSP error page.

Here's short snips from one of my servlets:
try {
  //sending email from the servlet...
} catch (ServletException ex) {
   log("Failure to send email", ex);
   sendErrorRedirect(req, res, "/error.jsp", ex);
}

protected void sendErrorRedirect(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response, String errorPageURL, Throwable e) {
   try {
      request.setAttribute ("javax.servlet.jsp.jspException", e);

getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(errorPageURL).fo
rward(request, response);
   } catch (Exception ex) {
      log(getServletName() + ".sendErrorRedirect ", ex);
   }
}

Hope that helps...