tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Mactaggart" <smactagg...@303sport.com>
Subject Removing whitespace.
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:28:08 GMT
Hi all,
	I have some jsp's that are generate some larger html files.  One of the
reasons is the indenting of the code to manage development.  I was wondering
if there is an option for tomcat to remove all whitespace before it sent the
data.  I know that the old Enhydra servlet server used to do this and in my
case this would save a large amount of size from the generated html files.

I don't want to un-indent the code as it will be too hard to maintain.

FYI,
	using Tomcat 3.3-dev on Win2000 and Linux but would be happy to hear if it
is a feature of 4.

Thanks for your help

Steve Mactaggart
Senior Java Developer /