tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jayakumar Duraisamy" <jdurais...@revenuetech.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.3 getRemoteHost always returns "localHost" - Is there any 3.3 production version has patch applied
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:22:10 GMT
We have moved from tomcat 3.2.1 to 3.3. We have one of our functionality
depend on identifying the client based on the client IP/Hostname.

In 3.2.1 ServletRequest.getRemoteHost() returns the DHCP address for the
client, where as in 3.3 it always returns as localhost. I have seen a bug no
3944 reported and the status says that it is fixed in 3.3 Release Candidate
1. I downloaded the nightly build "3.3.1 Dev" and tested for the bug. It
looks fine and now returns the DHCP address.

My question is which production release has this patch [Except 4.0, i am
interested in 3.3.X]. If not, WHEN CAN I EXPECT THIS RELEASE.

Thanks in advance
Jayakumar