tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pavel Brun" <pavel.b...@sympatico.ca>
Subject JasperLoader Exception
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:08:35 GMT
Hello all,

I am new this this mailing list. I am developing software and am using
Java Beans and Tags for this particular application. From time to time,
when I first access a particular page, I get a Class Loader exception
when loading a class:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:198)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:132)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
	at org.apache.jsp.settings$jsp._jspService(settings$jsp.java:115)
	.
	.	I leave out these details because it does not bring any
      .     value.
	.

In this particular case, it crashed when trying to use the "pageContext"
variable name when using: pageContext.getAttribute() method. Does anybody
know what the root cause of a Jasper Loader exception is? Is it at all
related to insantiating beans or using the <jsp:useBean> parameter?

I have tried looking everywhere, but couldn't find any description or
solutions..

Thanks

Paul