tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Veazey" <...@supplyedge.com>
Subject WebappClassLoader: Lifecycle error : CL stopped
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:01:05 GMT
Hello,

I know that a few related questions are archived, but I didn't find the
answer I needed.  I'm using Tomcat 4.0.1, on a win2k machine (dev
environment).  Whenever the server tries to reload a class, I observe the
following error in the log.

WebappClassLoader:   Resource '/WEB-INF/classes/se/... blah... blah...
WebappClassLoader: Lifecycle error : CL stopped

Subsequently, I don't have access to any of my web-app library classes.
Below is my server.xml config for this webapp.  Anyone know what the problem
might be?  Thanks in advance.

<Context path="/reparts" docBase="reparts" debug="0"
          reloadable="true">
              prefix="localhost_reparts_log." suffix=".txt"
 	  timestamp="true"/>

   <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
       debug="0"
       saveOnRestart="true"
       maxActiveSessions="-1"
       minIdleSwap="-1"
       maxIdleSwap="-1"
       maxIdleBackup="-1">
         <Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>
   </Manager>

   <Environment name="maxExemptions" type="java.lang.Integer"
               value="15"/>
   <Parameter name="context.param.name" value="context.param.value"
              override="false"/>
</Context>