tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin van den Bemt" <mar...@isallineed.org>
Subject RE: NullPointerException: causes?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:46:39 GMT
Hmm. Happens a lot I guess.
The only thing I can think off, is that the classesX.zip (which includes the
oracle jdbc driver), was not renamed to classesX.jar. Tomcat only adds files
with a jar extension to the classloaders classpath. If that is the case,
this message should appear on the screen :

Get method = Class not found error

which is generated by the following lines (the exception should come from
the Class.forName() line.

catch(ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
     out.println("<blockquote><UL><FONT COLOR=#00C000>Get method - Class
not
found error: </FONT></UL> </blockquote>" + cnfe)

If nothing appears on screen : add an out.close() to the finally, so the
stream to the browser is actually closed.

Mvgr,
Martin