tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter M. Nielsen" <...@ifka.dk>
Subject RE: Form-based login from html-page
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:32:32 GMT
First, I just want to make clear that all jsp-files are restricted, (well,
except from login.jsp and error.jsp) and html-files are public. What I would
like to achieve is, having a form on index.html where people type in their
usernames, clicks log in and then they are at one.jsp

- Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Barney Hamish [mailto:Hamish.Barney@ect-telecoms.de]
Sent: 15. januar 2002 12:25
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Form-based login from html-page

If you want people to go directly to login when they access your site you
can make one.jsp the default welcome file. Then make one.jsp restricted.

This means when people go to your website they will try to access one.jsp
but that page is restricted so they will be redirected instead to the
login.jsp. Once they've logged in they will be forwarded to one.jsp as they
originally requested.

login.jsp => one.jsp

But it's still not very clear what you actually want.