tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ion LarraƱaga <ila...@s21sec.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat shutsdown with no aparent reason
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:45:31 GMT

Check if Tomcat shuts down when you close the session you used to start it.
The startup script does not use "nohup", so when the session is closed
Tomcat goes down with it. If this is the case, try starting it with
something like "nohup ./startup.sh &"

Hope it helps,

Ion

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Alejandro Ruiz [mailto:aruiz@infotec.com.mx]
Enviado el: lunes, 14 de enero de 2002 17:48
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Tomcat shutsdown with no aparent reason

Hi everyone, I have Tomcat 4.0 installed in Solaris 5.8.
I would like to know why is it that Tomcat shutsdown by itself with no
aparent reason, even when it is not being used, i mean, with no users
accesing the applications that it runs.
I installed it following the documentation that is linked to the Tomcat
installation, but I might have missed something. I would thank anyone who
can help me solve this problem.

Alejandro Ruiz.