tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject RE: Can a url have a space in it?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:35:03 GMT
The problem is that users sometimes want to enter folders onto their machine
that have spaces in them, or they are putting our application onto their
existing site that has folders with spaces in the name.  I am thinking that
for some reason it may be a bug with tomcat 3.2.4, since I didn't really
notice any problem with 3.2.1.  I never actually tested that condition
though, so it may still have not worked.

I am using tomcat 3.2.4 standalone on windows for the testing purposes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Rowles [mailto:JRowles@ordsvy.gov.uk]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 3:49 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Can a url have a space in it?

> if uRL was http:/localhost/servlet/test?file=my%20documents
> then when your do :
> String paramV = request.getParameter("file");
> out.println("File Path is: " + paramV);
>
> this should make paramV = "my documents"
>
> is this what your looking for?
> Anyone correct me if I am wrong please.

If you have that URL hardcoded or created in a string in NS4 Javascript and
you use it for say, "window,open(<url>, ..." then it will be truncated
instead of escaped.  Try not to do it.

J.
--
You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk