tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Maré <l...@webtothemax.com>
Subject Bug? Tomcat access log doesn't roll over at midnight
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:44:44 GMT
The rollover at midnight feature of the file access log
(localhost_access_log.<date>.txt) of Tomcat 4.0.1 (standalone) seems broken.
The logfile created at Tomcat startup is retained for all days to follow.
The other logfiles (localhost_log.<date>.log and catallina.<date>.log) DO
roll over.

This is the relevant (I think) section from server.xml:

         directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
         pattern="combined"/>

In the docs I couldn't find a setting to turn the rollover feature on or
off.

Any pointers would be welcome.

TIA

Marcel