tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hargurjit Singh Malhi" <malh...@hotmail.com>
Subject TOMCAT SERVER CONFIGURATION
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi All,
I am using Tomact3.2.4.........

Could somebody please explain me the usage of tomcat.log........I  want to
put all the messages that appear on the server starting page(by this i mean
that when you say startup in Windows environment...tomcat opens another
window where it shows all error mesaages etc..) to go in tomcat.log....

But when I specify the path for tomcat.log in server.xml, the only differnce
is that the initial starting info of the server  is written to the
tomcat.log but all other errors that appear when running the application
still continue to appear on the server starting page

Could anybody tell me how can I trap these messages in a file....my final
objective is to write these to the Unix syslog...

Any help will be appreciated.......

Thanx

Malhi