tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Charles N. Harvey III" <charl...@alloy.com>
Subject manager app??
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 20:39:55 GMT
Using the manager app to install an application seems to be
Not working for me.  Now, I am certain that I am typing in
an incorrect url, but I don't know what the correct url is.

Every other argument works great.  Such as:
localhost:8080/manager/reload?path=/myapp
localhost:8080/manager/list

No problems there.  But it get a problem with:
localhost:8080/manager/install?path=/myapp&war=file:/myapp

I get this error:
	"FAIL - Encountered exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
	Cannot access document base directory /myapp"

If I try to install an app that already exists I get:
	"FAIL - Application already exists at path /velexample"

Which is fine.  That's what it is supposed to say.

So what am I doing wrong?  What is the "document base" supposed to be?
I have read the manager how to a bunch of times and can't figure
out what the correct syntax is.

Thanks.

Charlie Harvey
Alloy Inc.