tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ivo Zivkov" <iziv...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Missing Step in deployng TDk app?
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 20:43:33 GMT
I have a question about deploying the application.

I am using the latest Turbine TDK with Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux. After
successfully building the sample ‘newapp’ in the turbine TDK, tomcat
reposted “Not fond error 404’ to the URL:
http://localhost:8080/newapp/servlet/newapp, even though I have correctly
set CATALINA_HOME variable. I can verify that TOMCAT is running properly,
because id displays its information when browser pointed to
http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080/> . The only way I could get it
to work is by making a link from the TDK directory:

$SOME_TDK_HOME/webapps/newapp

to the tomcat directory:

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/newapp

I could then access the application using the URL
http://localhost:8080/newapp/servlet/newapp.

Was this step not supposed to be made automatically by the build process? Is
there anything special to be done to  make tomcat find the application. I
could not find anything that links the TDK application to the tomcat
directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ivo Zivkov