tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ivo Zivkov" <>
Subject Missing Step in deployng TDk app?
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 20:43:33 GMT
I have a question about deploying the application.

I am using the latest Turbine TDK with Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux. After
successfully building the sample ‘newapp’ in the turbine TDK, tomcat
reposted “Not fond error 404’ to the URL:
http://localhost:8080/newapp/servlet/newapp, even though I have correctly
set CATALINA_HOME variable. I can verify that TOMCAT is running properly,
because id displays its information when browser pointed to
http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080/> . The only way I could get it
to work is by making a link from the TDK directory:

to the tomcat directory:

I could then access the application using the URL

Was this step not supposed to be made automatically by the build process? Is
there anything special to be done to  make tomcat find the application. I
could not find anything that links the TDK application to the tomcat

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ivo Zivkov