tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Paeth" <tomcat_users_maill...@fortdearborn.com>
Subject Config/Startup problem contextInit() not running
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:10:20 GMT

I'm going crazy trying to figure this out...

I've re-written a customized realm that we used for our Tomcat 3.2.1 (now
for 3.3).  For some reason the debug messages that I've put into the
contextInit() method are not showing up on the console or any log files.  It
doesn't appear that the method is running.  Can anyone tell me why this is
happening and the best approach to fixing it?

After getting some advice from a previous post I setup the config files as
such:

apps-myapp.xml
--------------
<webapps>
   <Context path="/myapp"
            docBase="webapps/myapp"
            debug="1"
            reloadable="true" >
              <CustomRealm />
              <LogSetter name="myapp_tc.log" path="logs/myapp.log" />
              <LogSetter name="myapp_servlet_log"
                         path="logs/servlet_myapp.log"
                         servletLogger="true"/>
  </Context>

</webapps>

modules-myapp.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<modules>
  <module name="CustomRealm" javaClass="myapp.tomcat.CustomRealm"/>
</modules>

Thanks,
Adam Paeth