tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Donald Lee" <dwl...@ameritech.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat RPMs?
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 14:52:58 GMT
Thanks, it would have been nice to have a bit of documentation that referred to these new RPMs.
 Since the docs I was using came from the RPMs themselves, they are obviously outdated.
Happy New Year!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerrit Kuilder [mailto:gerrit@yours-untildeath.demon.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 7:53 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat RPMs?

Hi Donald,

I also build my tomcat from RPM's, also hat no startup or other .sh's.

I got the scripts from the cvs tree but found out later that I don't
need them. On redhat 7.1 I can start and stop with 'service tomcat4
start' and 'service tomcat4 stop'.

I suppose the .conf file is used for setting JAVA_HOME etc.

the rpm's worked (and works) for me , althoug I have to go localhost:8180

HTH

Regards,

Gerrit