tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart Stephen" <>
Subject RE: AccessControlException with Applet
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:38:20 GMT
Were you trying to connect to the same machine that you were downloading to
or to another? Without a certificate you can only connect to a remote
machine that the applet was originally downloaded from. The JSP stuff is
server side though so you wouldn't encounter the problem.

Certificates can be obtained from places such as, or etc...

Stuart Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier BILLIARD []
Sent: 14 November 2001 16:07
Subject: AccessControlException with Applet

I tried to established a communication between an applet and another
server by RMI. I also did it with some JSPs and it work fine. But with
the applet i have a problem.
I can do a lookup to get the interface but when i try to call a method i
get a access denied
( XXX:2113 connect, resolve)

I immediatly thinking about the policy and the catalina.policy file.
First i don't think that i use the security of Tomcat (because when i
want to put -security it refuses to start) but i modified the file to
set all permissions but it still refuse to work.
I don't see where is the probleme, i need some help.

NB. I already try to remove the spaces of the directory of Tomcat but i
didn"t solve my probleme

Thx in advance

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>