tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Demestri" <kausa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Servlet visibility in Apache-Tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 18:03:08 GMT
    Hi all !
    I use Apache 1.3.22 and Tomcat 4.0.1 with the WARP connector mod_webapp
(W2k pro and JDK 1.3.1)
    I have a little problem: When I request the URL
http://localhost/servlet/myservlet?param1=value1&param2=value2 to apache I
get the "404 Page Not Found". Nevertheless, when I request the same to
Tomcat (at port 8080, Stand-alone mode configuration) it's work fine
("myservlet" is in %CATALINA_HOME%/classes directory).
    I think Apache search the "servlet" folder in his "htdocs" and obviously
don't found it. Why the mapping "/servlet/*" of Tomcat default web.xml (in
the %CATALINA_HOME%/conf) not work? I just want to execute my servlet from
Apache.
    Thanks in advance.

    Marcelo