tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Demestri" <kausa...@hotmail.com>
Subject --- Please helpme: Tomcat visibility (I think!)
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:13:52 GMT
Hi all!
I hope that someone can help me, since this is urgent for me.
I have a servlet that processes certain information according to the data
provided by the user.
My problem is: this servlet, when creating the path to call certain jsp,
uses a relative path of the type " / MyApp/html/arch.jsp ".  My arch.jsp is
in the path %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/MyApp/html/arch.jsp
If this structure of directories is not under ROOT (that is to say,
ROOT/MyApp/html/arch.jsp), Tomcat gives back an Error to me "404 Not Found".
As I said, I have a folder " MyApp " within " /webapps " but Tomcat does not
find the jsp page. Inclusively I created a context for this application, but
it does not work. Also it tries servlet mapping within web.xml without
results (good, in fact this is not related to the problem, since servlet is
located by Tomcat... what it cannot find are the pages jsp).
This is a prove to do anything more general:  locate the jsp pages outside
the structure of directories of Tomcat.
Any advice or suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

****************** My Server.xml
    <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
        <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
        <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true">
            <Context path="/MyApp" docBase="MyApp" debug="0"
reloadable="true"/>
        </Host>
    </Engine>

****************** My web.xml
<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>MyServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/MyServlet</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

            Marcelo