tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Moore <JohnMo...@PDSI-Software.COM>
Subject Apache/Tomcat/mod_jk growing TIME_WAIT counts
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:39:14 GMT

First, I am running an Apache 1.3.22 with Tomcat 3.3 using shared mod_jk,
mod_ssl and mod_rewrite on a Sun Netra X1 Solaris 8, JDK 1.3.1_02 with os
and jvm recommended patches applied.

I notice that I have a growing number of processes that are left in a "w"
state according to server-status.  I check using netstat and see that there
are sockets hanging out in a TIME_WAIT state.   These will hang out for who
knows how long but I have some that are days old (when apache was last
restarted).     Is this a bad-client issue, configuration of apache issue,
apache-tomcat-session issue or something else I'm not considering.

I'm guessing it may be an Apache issue but since I monitor this forum and
see lots of expertise on combined containers I thought I'd start here.   Any
advise or direction is greatly appreciated.

John Moore