tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Prideaux" <jpride...@newlifetech.com>
Subject RE: Odd Apache+Tomcat errors
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 21:34:49 GMT
I haven't researched it fully, but I have noticed lock-up problems with
Tomcat integrated with Apache with serving images for the examples webapp
given in the tomcat 4.0.1 installation. I have not been able to get the
examples webApp to consistently serve images with
Apache 1.3.22 used with Tomcat 4.0.1 along with the mod_webapp.so for
win2000Pro.

I have, though, had limited success with getting the myapp sample webapp
(given in the 4.0.1 developers documentation) to serve images with the above
configuration.

Note the following:

I had the same lock-up problem for the myapp sample webapp when Apache,
Tomcat, and IE5.0 where all running on the same win2000Pro box.

I got the myapp sample webapp to work (serve images) though in both of the
following two situations:

1.  running IE5.0 browser from a different machine (from that running Apache
and Tomcat)
2.  Using Netscape 6.2 on the same machine as Apache and Tomcat.

I haven't probed this further.  Perhaps there is some difference with
relative vs. absolute addressing or something between these two webapps
(myapp, and examples).  The fact that there always seems to be problems with
the given examples webapp suggests that there is a bug in the connector.  I
do have some optimism that I can at least get the given myapp webapp to work
from the Tomcat documentation if I use Netscape 6.2 instead if IE (or browse
from a different machine)....