tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Prideaux" <jpride...@newlifetech.com>
Subject RE: Odd Apache+Tomcat errors
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:39:04 GMT
A number of us have been having similar problems with
Apache 1.3.2x, Tomcat 4.0.1, mod_webapp.so, and Win2K.  We haven't got to
the bottom of that one either but it appears that the Windows port of the
Apache-Tomcat integration is buggy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Felarca [mailto:gennadius@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 1:38 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Odd Apache+Tomcat errors

Hello,

I have a problem and I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas or
information about a possible solution.

I am running Apache 1.3.20, Tomcat 3.2.3 and using mod_jk on Win2k.

We are accessing our servlets through https, and every once in a while
(i.e. not all the time, but often enough to be annoying) a click on a link
that goes to the servlets will result in a page not found or a blank page.

In looking at the logs, it appears as if the request doesn't even hit
Tomcat. If I click on the same link immediately afterwards, it works fine.

Also, every once in a while, when I get a blank page or page not found, I
will also get a Windows dialog for an Apache.exe error saying it has
crashed. However, watching the processes, the webserver itself does not go
down. In fact, immediately afterwards, I can click on the link again and it
works.

Is this mod_jk crashing? Has anyone experienced this? Any information or
pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Mario-