tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Prideaux" <jpride...@newlifetech.com>
Subject RE: tomcat-apache win32 integration problem with 100% CPU utilization
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:43:51 GMT
Well, I installed Netscape 6.2 and when I use it for the myapp sample
webapp, the problem I was having with jsp pages containing images locking up
with tomcat plugged into apache went away.  It appears that the problem was
associated with the way Windows uses IE in conjunction with the webapp
module.  I predict that the webapp module is fine if people use IE on
different machines than the one running Apache and Tomcat.  The problem just
seems to be that if the following is your development environment, then
there is a problem:

windows 2kpro
apache_1.3.22-win32-x86
Tomcat-4.0.1 for windows
webapp-module-1.0-tc40-windows
Use IE as your browser

I get around the problem by not using IE, but use Netscape 6.2 as my
browser.  Then my development environment seems to work without images
causing my jsp pages to lock up.

I do still get lock-up problems (even with Netscape) when I browse to
different pages (involving images) within the examples webapp.  Perhaps that
webapp is problematic...

I think I will start using Netscape as my browser and still try to use
tomcat 4.0.1....