tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aiken, David" <David_Ai...@bmc.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.0.1 Jasper web.xml ambiguous
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:33:13 GMT
hi all..

I've just upgraded to Tomcat 4.0.1 from 3.2.2 and i'm having problems with
the servlet-name elements in the web.xml generated by the Jasper compiler. I
have multiple index.jsp files within a web context. Each results in a
separate entry in the web.xml:

<servlet>
   <servlet-name>.index</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>.index</servlet-class>
</servlet>

This would seem to be ambiguous. How is it possible to distinguish between
the different .index classes?

In Tomcat 3.2.2, the servlet names/classes were unique (they were prefixed
by the directory containing the JSP page). Looking at the release notes
(RELEASE-NOTES-4.0-RC1.txt, 'Jasper New Features'), it seems that the
directory name has been removed because it is implied by the location of the
servlet in the work directory - i can see that this might be true if a
servlet is generated dynamically at runtime, but the web.xml declarations
generated by Jasper don't seem to reflect the directory structure anymore.

Sample web.xml files from tomcat 3.2.2 (good) and tomcat 4.0.1 (ambiguous?)
Jasper compilers are attached.

I've probably missed something :>(. Any help would be appreciated!

David Aiken
BMC Software