tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Jasper error
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:02:05 GMT
Wrong!

What happens, is that UserData belongs to no package.
So the compiler tries to find it in the package for
the generated servlet (which is org.apache.jsp for
tomcat and may be any name with other jsp engines).

To use a bean that belongs to no package (not a good
practice anyway) you have to import it like
<%@ page import="UserData" %>

(Not shure if that really works, because I never
used a bean without a package.)