tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jaishankar Jayaram <...@interactiveink.com>
Subject xml parsing error in tomcat3.3.a/jdk1.1.8
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:22:00 GMT
   I searched the archives, but couldn't determine if this is a known issue.
When starting tomcat, I kept getting an error saying there was an error
parsing the server.xml. I am using the default files, as downloaded, and
have not added any web apps either. Finally, I tried starting with the
estart switch, and tomcat did start, but it threw an XML parsing error for
all the web apps' web.xml files (even the built in examples and admin ones).
However the example servlets all worked properly.

   I can post the log error message w/ the stack trace if need be, but first
wanted to check if this is a known issue.

   I am using the jdk1.1.8 compatible mrj2.2.5 and mrjsdk 2.2 on mac os 9.1
and have been successfully running tomcat 3.2.x (1 through 4).

Jai