tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Bosch <rbo...@actv.com>
Subject Problem building tomcat 4
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 15:59:49 GMT
I have all the associated downloads but when I compile i get a bunch of
these

    [javac] Compiling 4 source files to
/Users/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1-src/catalina/build/server/classes
    [javac] Compiling 280 source files to
/Users/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1-src/catalina/build/server/classes
    [javac]
/Users/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1-src/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/loade
r/StandardLoader.java:87: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class DirContextURLStreamHandlerFactory
    [javac] location: package resources
    [javac] import
org.apache.naming.resources.DirContextURLStreamHandlerFactory;
    [javac]                                    ^
    [javac]
/Users/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1-src/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/loade
r/WebappLoader.java:89: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class DirContextURLStreamHandlerFactory
    [javac] location: package resources
    [javac] import
org.apache.naming.resources.DirContextURLStreamHandlerFactory;
    [javac]                                    ^
    [javac]
/Users/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1-src/catalina/src/share/org/apache/naming/resourc
es/FileDirContext.java:95: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class NamingContextBindingsEnumeration
    [javac] location: package naming
    [javac] import org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration;

the .java files are right there I dont get why the compiler doesent see
them.  I also tried to look up the compile statement in the build.xml to see
if the naming directorues were included but its not there there in the newer
version , I guess I have to look harder.