tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Guido Medina <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4 integration with apache
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 19:17:23 GMT
The problem with this is that you have to be very carefull with the
following issues:

1) The virtual host on the apache web server has to be registered on the DNS
2) The same as one in Tomcat
3) The name on the virtual host in apache has to be the same as in Tomcat,
if not, it will confuse and lost the connection.

It is very important to have that in mind, mainly for windows that normally
is running on LANs without the proper DNS, if it is the case edit the file
C:\WINDOWS\HOST (Win9x) C:\WINNT\System32\Drivers\etc\HOST

That's a very important detail but it can makes you figth for five
days and nothing happens...

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcelo Demestri []
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 8:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4 integration with apache

    The guide is excellent!
    But I configure the WARP connector "mod_webapp" following all the steps
correctly and still there are problems with the static contents.
    I work on W2K pro, JDK 1.3.1, Apache 1.3.22 and Tomcat 4.0.1
    I succeed the integration Apache-Tomcat with the "mod_jk" connector
(utilizing AJP13).
    For me, definitively the "mod_webapp" connector have a weird behavior,
at least in a Windows platform .
    Special thaks for Brian in the configuration of "mod_jk"...