tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Rowles <>
Subject RE: <TC> Re: 64k limit on POST variables?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:48:31 GMT
> In my case, I wasn't checking the variable on the server at the right
> point.  Tomcat was sending >64k just fine (I discovered after adding a
> decent amount of debugging).  I happened to be putting the result in a
> database column that was limited to 64k.  Hence the reason that I ran
> into the problem that I did.

Oops!  Perfect opportunity to use some <blush> </blush> tags there ;-)

> FYI, after some searching on the web, it appears that POSTs
> do NOT have
> a built-in limit.  GETs are limited by what the browser and server
> support..  But POSTs have no official limit.  (Only warning is that
> they are 'inefficient' for large data, and that multipart forms are
> suggested for that)

But in reality, within the constraints of real, non-infinite machines, they
will *both* be limited by the browser and server.

You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>