tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Rowles <JRow...@ordsvy.gov.uk>
Subject RE: PLEASE REMOVE THE VIRUS BEFORE MAILING THE LIST...
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:01:15 GMT
> Well, my ISP nuked your last issue of the digest (tomcat-user
> Digest 29
> Jan 2002 07:19:31 -0000 Issue 352) because it was emailed with the
> "Party" virus intact.

Nuked "your" last issue?  Surely "the" last issue?!  It would be mailed
intact cos the listbot doesn't strip attachments.  That would seriously
spoil list content.

> I know this list has been talking about SPAM removal, but now
> it is not
> only annoying, but has begun to SERIOUSLY IMPACT the list.  After all,
> if the list will not be delivered by ISPs, then it is out of business.

It wasn't spam, it was a virus sent on automatedly from a trawl through a MS
address book.

> SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - start instituting some serious SPAM filters,
> or only allow posts by members.  I prefer the latter (membership).

Neither would help.  Perhaps using proper mail clients?

> Thanks very much - (even though I'm very unlikely to ever get to read
> this or any further digests until the virus runs its course)

Hi Richard!

J.
--
You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk