tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Rowles <JRow...@ordsvy.gov.uk>
Subject RE: IIS or Apache
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:35:31 GMT
> One of the problems i've run into with open source servers on
> Windows is
> getting binaries for many of the common tools, servers and
> dlls required
> for Win32, such as connectors for Tomcat, OpenSSL for SSL on
> Apache, etc.

<snip>

> If you can complile the binaries yourself, your OK.. but i'm finding
> it's kind of hit and miss when you depend on others to compile the
> latest versions for you.

What difficulty is there in compiling yourself?  gcc and make do almost
everything.  Personally I vastly prefer to work from source and have never
had any problems.

I recommend you 'get your hands dirty' - it's lovely once you're in!

J.
--
You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk