tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Rowles <JRow...@ordsvy.gov.uk>
Subject What is the current state of response.encodeURL?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:26:39 GMT
I have a Tomcat 3.2.3 install which is working perfectly happily.  I have to
support users without cookies.  Previously I have been able to store enough
information in the client to recreate their (simple) objects, but in our new
development the information is much larger and so I must get access to their
old sessions.

response.encodeURL would seem to be the obvious (only?) choice, but it
appears to behave oddly.

When I turn off cookies and access my test.jsp:

<...header stuff...>
<%
out.write("This session is <a href=\"" + response.encodeURL("test.jsp") +
"\">here</a>");
%>
<...footer stuff...>

I get a URL with a semi-colon separating the JSessionID declaration from the
rest of the URL.  OK, so far so odd.  However, when I click on the link, I
get a different session id written out next time - implying that this is a
different session.

Am I missing something, or does this routine not work as I expected.

As always, speedy answers are very much appreciated, but I shall refrain
from using caps and exclamation marks in the subject line ;-)

J.
--
Justin Rowles
E-Delivery Team

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk