tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat prerequisites
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:51:05 GMT

As implied by the referenced document - if you can get Java to run on the
platform (Java 2 for Tomcat 4), then you can run Tomcat.

> It's just that other, commercial web app servers provide you
> with such lists so you can tell your customer he's OK with
> his gear or not.

With open source, every one is a volunteer.  That is the cost - you save
capital but should expect to put a little work into figuring things out for
yourself.

> Any other idea of wher to find more information ?
> I have searched through the mailing list archive as well.

Mailing list and archive are the best sources followed by the documentation,
but nothing bets a little experimentation and self-directed learning.

	Randy