tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Compiler out of memory
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:36:58 GMT

	If you are running windows:
set CATALINA_OPTS = -Xmx128M
catalina.bat start

	You can set the minimum heap size with -Xms instead of -Xmx.  The
default value is for max is 64M with Sun's 1.3 JVMs.  Others might have
different options.  I don't know how low you can set the value, but I have
never encountered a top value and have personally set it as high as 1024M.
One thing to be careful of - if you set the value larger than the amount of
available memory, you will start to get a lot of virtual memory swapping
which can really degrade performance (but it will still run).

	Randy