tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Compiler out of memory
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:01:35 GMT

	The tag is -XmxNNM (for Sun JVMs) to make the maximum heap size NN
megs.  You pass it as a JVM option.  If you are using the script (.bat or
.sh) files to start Tomcat then you can set TOMCAT_OPTS (versions 3.x) or
CATALINA_OPTS (version 4.x) to include this tag.  If you are using
wrapper.properties (for Windows services), then you need to add it to the
last line of that file.

	Randy