tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: jsp wont open unless port 8080 is specified in browser
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:40:32 GMT
> Thanks a lot for your help Travis. I dont suppose you could
> tell me how to
> configure my windows 2000 server to pass all jsp
> files to tomcat would you?

You need to follow the link Travis provided and how to configure IIS.
Windows 2000 will not pass on the request.  IIS is the WebServer provided
with Windows 2000 Server, or alternatively you can use Apache, but make
sure you turn off IIS.

This is an issue that is handled well by the documentation so this should
be your first resource.  In addition, this question has been answered and
discussed several times(innumerable) on this list in the past so if you
encounter stumbling blocks(I can assure you someone has asked the question
before), please check one of the list archives and search for IIS or Apache
respectively.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer