tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mehmet Ugur Kuzu (LinkPlus)" <Mehm...@linkplus.com.tr>
Subject RE: Development URLs
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:39:07 GMT

you must firstly configure your DNS ,
all this URLs you typed represents same or different ip s in the Internet
network world
all URL names  must changed to ip address by client with help of DNS
in your case all URL represents same IP like this

app1.mycompany.com  212.155.55.55
app2.mycompany.com  212.155.55.55
app3.mycompany.com  212.155.55.55

then you must configure Tomcat server.xml file
for handling this virtual hosts
this link has enough information i think
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/host.html

sincerely
Mehmet Ugur
-----Original Message-----
From: Micael Padraig Og mac Grene [mailto:caraunltd@harbornet.com]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 11:08 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Development URLs

FIRST

If I want several development urls, e.g.

	app1.mycompany.com
	app2.mycompany.com
	app3.mycompany.com

to be accessed through one registered url, e.g.

	www.mycompany.com

can I do this with server.xml alone or do I have to also configrue the dns
server to cooperate?

SECOND

If the server.xml alone, do I do it the same way we did with Tomcat
3.2?  If not, what changes are now in order?

Thanks for any assistance.  I think that if there were a simple sample
server.xml to look at, all these things would be immediately resolved.

-- micael